An activate an artifact ability allows a player to activate an artifact during a phase other than the preparation phase or an additional time during the preparation phase.
How to PlayEdit
All activate an artifact abilities are instantaneous. An activate an artifact ability targets the artifact that is activated.
- Targets must be “in holder's artifact pile or hand.”
- The artifact activated by an activate an artifact ability is activated on the artifact pile.
- If an artifact is activated on a card rather than on the artifact pile, it returns to the artifact pile when deactivated.
- There is a limit of one activated artifact on each legal location.
- If an activate an artifact ability activates an artifact in a location that already had an active artifact, the artifact already there is deactivated before the new artifact is activated.