A convert ability changes one or more characteristics of a card. This may include alignment, card type, or brigade.
How to PlayEdit
A converted card always retains its special abilit(ies). The converted card’s special abilit(ies) activate anytime cards of the new card type would activate. A convert ability is instantaneous. A convert ability targets the cards that are to be converted.
- Converted characters are converted to the brigade color of the card with the convert ability.
- A convert ability only targets humans unless a specific non-human target is specified.
- Targets must be in play.
- Special abilities on Heroes (and good weapons)* that have been converted to Evil Characters and evil weapons* can never activate. Special abilities on Evil Characters (and evil weapons)* that have been converted to Heroes may activate, except for special abilities that specifically target Heroes.
- Converted characters retain their identifier(s) unless the identifier is alignment specific (Ex: Angels are only Heroes, Demons and Magicians are only Evil Characters).
- If a warrior-class character bearing a weapon-class enhancement is converted, the weapon class enhancement is automatically converted with the character. It converts to the same brigade and remains on the character.
- If a convert ability creates a Hero blocking in battle or an Evil Character attacking then that character must withdraw to its owner's territory as a response to the convert ability.
- When a convert ability allows a player to choose the brigade of the card being converted, then that player must choose an existing brigade for that card type.
- Multicolor is not a specific color and cannot be used as a resultant brigade.
- The words “repent” and “fall” indicate a convert ability.