A hold ability allows a card to be placed on the card with the hold ability.
How to PlayEdit
A hold ability allows a player to place qualifying cards on a card with the hold ability when it is not at its maximum capacity and allows a player to return cards already placed with the hold ability.
A hold ability is instantaneous. Hold abilities target the cards to be placed on or removed from the card bearing the hold ability.
- Characters returned from being held are returned to their owner's territory.
- Artifacts returned from being held are returned to their owner's artifact pile.
- Characters to be held can come from hand or territory.
- Artifacts to be held can come from hand or artifact pile.
- Enhancements to be held come from hand.
- Hold abilities are manually triggered abilities that can only be triggered during their owner's preparation phase.
- If a hold ability holds an artifact, placing an artifact there triggers an activate an artifact ability for that artifact.
- A phrase that says what a card “holds” is a hold special ability regardless where the phrase appears on the card.
- If the special ability on a card explains how to place, exchange, or take cards then that ability takes precedence over any hold ability on that card and a hold ability on that card should be disregarded.
- If a Fortress with a hold ability does not describe how cards are both added and removed then you may add or remove cards during your preparation phase.