An Identifier is an attribute of a card that distinguishes it from other cards of the same type based on a descriptive aspect of the person, place, object, or concept that the card represents. Identifiers include, but are not limited to:
- Being type
- Royal or Political Position
- Reference Testament, Book, Chapter or Verse
- Conceptual relationships (typically for enhancements; connected with demons, based on prophecy, etc.)
Identifiers are also used as explanations for certain parts of cards, such as defining abilities or special abilities that have an X or a *, explaining how a non-standard card type is used, or to explain deck building rules that apply to a card.
Identifiers are especially significant when it comes to characters, as many special abilities apply to characters based on certain identifiers. Identifiers are assigned to characters using the following guidelines:
- All printed identifiers on character cards are valid regardless of any other guidelines, unless errata is given to that card to fix an incorrect identifier.*
- Unique characters are given references based on evidence from the Bible, Church History, or concepts from the Angel Wars series.
- Singular generic characters, that is, generic characters that represent a single person or being, receive identifiers that the reference verse applies to that generic person specifically. If it is uncertain from the verse whether or not that person could be given an identifier, then that identifier does not apply.
- Plural generic characters, that is, generic characters that represent a group of people or beings, receive all identifiers that can apply to any members of that group based on evidence from the Bible, Church History, or concepts from the Angel Wars series.