A play an enhancement ability allows a player to play an enhancement outside of the normal rules for initiative.
How to PlayEdit
A play an enhancement ability takes a card from the player's hand and puts it into play. The player whose hand the card came from chooses on which of the characters they control to play it. The target must be an enhancement that chosen character is able to play. The play an enhancement ability is not considered completed until all the abilities on its target have completed. All play an enhancement abilities are instantaneous. A play an enhancement ability targets the enhancement that is played.
- An enhancement targeted by a play an enhancement ability during the battle phase can only be played on a character that is in the current battle and is controlled by the player that controls the targeted enhancement. An enhancement targeted by a play an enhancement ability during any other phase can only be played on a character that is controlled by the player that controls the targeted enhancement and is in that player's territory.
- All play an enhancement abilities cannot be interrupted .
- Use other enhancements abilities work with play an enhancement abilities the same way they work when playing enhancements according to initiative rules.
- The phrase “play the first enhancement” indicates a play an enhancement ability that takes effect as a response to the initial blocker(s) being presented.
- The target of a play an enhancement ability that specifies that a certain character may play an enhancement must be considered to have been played by that character.